Content Intelligence Network
It takes a powerful idea.
That's the secret to a distinctive advertising campaign: as confirmed by AdReaction, the research carried out by Kantar agency in 45 countries.
Advertising is a phenomenon strongly influenced by context, so we must take into account a number of factors:
- the way in which we consume content has changed: attention, which used to be catalyzed by large screens, has now been parceled out on mobile and other devices, becoming partial and easily distracted by a usage on the move;
- however, in spite of this reduced attention span, we have been witnessing an unprecedented proliferation of channels and messages. Yet 80% of the reception effectiveness comes from a mere 20% of the total messages.
- 60% of respondents said that they skip ads (the so-called banner blindness, which in terms of neuromarketing indicates when the brain just won’t record information when the eye rests on something that it does not consider interesting) and 45% said they use technologies to block out advertising (ad-blocking systems).
What should an advertising experience be like?
Those who have been asked about their digital advertising experience have expressed a preference for relevant adv. So, what determines the relevance of a message?
According to AdReaction, relevance comes from creativity that is consistent with the purpose of the brand, but at the same time it is built on precise insights on the audience. These are the ingredients for a communication that leaves its mark.
Among the Martech solutions that can successfully support the creativity of marketing teams, the best are those that integrate Content Intelligence: thanks to AI, the topics of the content hosted on your owned channels (website, blog, e-commerce) are associated with the users who view it, so you will get real-time data about their preferences.
This same information can then be used to easily plan upcoming digital advertising campaigns or correct the ones already launched. Creativity will surely benefit from this, fed with continuous suggestions of relevant messages which are tailored to the end user.
Creativity and technology: how?
Marco Magnaghi, CDO of Wavemaker Italy, gave the audience of the IAB event a series of tips to be effective:
1) Think your narrative over
Data speaks clearly: in order to engage a user, they must be captivated by the brand from the beginning. Because digital increases the possibility of skipping, the audience must be encouraged to stay from the very first contact, with a wow effect, if possible.
2) customize and contextualize content
In a time when adv is automated (machines collect data and then they create target audiences autonomously), you have to think of your message depending on of the medium and be flexible, or ready to make corrections in real time if it is needed.
Data can work together with the marketer’s creativity, helping them customize communication; that’s why data should be collected from multiple sources, including feeds, and solutions that can extract data from content.
We have entered the age of Data-Driven Creativity.